SmartDisc VideoSafe

pakeen

Standard Member
:hiya: I have a set up ,involving an antique Hitachi VHS recorder,Sony GX210 DVD recorder,Hi-8 Digital camcorder,Walkman audio player,cheap & cheerful CRT telly, & a lorryload of Scart cables & splitters so that I can put family Video tapes onto DVD with music dubbing. (Do I hear stomachs turning?).

Q) I've seen these "Videosafes which claim to do so "at the click of a mouse".
Can someone tell me what they do &how they do it,please

Nb At the moment I don't have Video card in my PC only a Cd burner.

Why do they only tell you how wonderful they are & not tell you how they are connected & function? We don't all have Ph D's in computers/electronics!

Moan over--can anyone help? :lease:

Thanks

mmace

Why do they only tell you how wonderful they are & not tell you how they are connected & function? We don't all have Ph D's in computers/electronics!
well, I've just done a very quick check and the first page I came accross told me that it plugs into the USB port on your PC, no capture card needed (I assume that's what you meant as opposed to a video card that would be needed to view your PC on a monitor), but you will only be able to output to VCD if you only have a CD burner, could you not stretch to £20 and get a DVD writer?

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~125217~WW~/Smartdisk%20Videosafe.htm

and smartdisk is spelt with a "k"

pakeen

Standard Member
:hiya: Sorry for the ignorance but could you,or someone,explain what set up I would need and how I would use it?? Ta

PS -The "c" instead of "k" in disc is because I can't get used to the Yankee way of spelling!

pakeen

Standard Member
Sorry-don't undersyand the link jargon. Thanksanyway

mmace

Sorry-don't undersyand the link jargon. Thanksanyway
you don't understand what a link is?
or you don't understand what's in the link?

it lists the minimum spec your PC needs to be to use it, if you don't understand that then you won't understand anyone on here telling you either

pakeen

Standard Member
:confused: No need to get stroppy!
All I want to know is can I convert & dub onto DVD using this bit of gear,with,presumably a DVD burner added to my PC-which I can do. Will I be able to dub onto the DVD from an external source or just from cd in the PC? Will I be able to monitor DVD record time as I can with the DVDR? Are chapters added automatically & can I alter them should I choose? In fact will I be able to do all that I can on the DVDR?
PS-You will no doubt be relieved to hear that I do know what a "link" is!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom