Smart watch for cycling

Stanman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
After personal recommendation for a smart watch that can synch with Strava with out a lot of caffafle.
Ideally nor more then £150.

Does it have to be a watch or will you use it for other things?
Garmin obviously do Bike computers (Edge 130)
At the moment i use a Garmin Forerunner 15 , but am looking to buy a dedicated bike computer

I was hoping to start some running and prefer the flexibility of a watch rather than Garmin / Wahoo

Garmin vivoactive 3 are available for £150 or less on amazon and eBay. I got one a few weeks ago and use on the bike indoor trainer and out and works well . Stopped using my bryton bike computer and no heart strap is good

I use apple watch 4 and the standard apple fitness app does the job for me.

I guess you could buy the Garmin Forerunner 45. It's pretty good. And in case you're worried about updates, you can use Garmin Express Updater which is what I've been using for all my devices until now. Not only do they provide the latest updates, but they can also help you resolve any error you're facing on your device. I started using it a few years ago when not having my maps updated became a problem for me when I was traveling outside the country. Anyways, I hope this helps you.

I have a garmin vivoactive watch, which is great for running etc, but I use a garmin 520 on the bike - much better than the watch in several aspects, mostly directions and being able to see it when hands are on the bars. I picked up the 520 second hand for less than £50

Garmin and AazFit have good battery life and fit the cycling environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of riding? I have a road bike and hate wearing a watch, it just digs in too much, so I use either my phone (strava app) or a garmin 520 (quite old now).
if I’m on the ‘other’ bike (mountain Bike that sees no mountains!) I use my vivoactive watch (garmin again)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom