Smart TVs Based On Android - Losing Terrestrial TV Logos

AdtAdt57

Grey boxes instead of TV Channel Logos ?
I’ve been told by Philips that all Android based TVs have lost terrestrial TV logos recently...
... are folk aware of this cosmetic but annoying change?

Although I think this loss was invoked by a s/w update some months back I assume I caused this by reinstalling all TV terrestrial channels, when the channel logo is just a grey box instead of a nice logo.

So just a warning I guess to any Android based TV, if you have channel logos don’t perform a full retune, just use the update channel option :-(

AdtAdt57

Grey boxes instead of TV Channel Logos ?
I’ve been told by Philips that all Android based TVs have lost terrestrial TV logos recently...
... are folk aware of this cosmetic but annoying change?

Although I think this loss was invoked by a s/w update some months back I assume I caused this by reinstalling all TV terrestrial channels, when the channel logo is just a grey box instead of a nice logo.

So just a warning I guess to any Android based TV, if you have channel logos don’t perform a full retune, just use the update channel option :-(

Update:
Apologies, the information from Philips seems to be bogus :-(
... the same fix posted back in March 2019 by @paulrgod in the Philips 9002 TV Forum still works. Seems the logos were introduced in the Android Oreo update, but needed a weird tweak to get the logos. This still works...

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom