Smart TV to Virgin Media

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Broadband' started by Dennis Leighton, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi All, I took delivery of an LG42LM640T a couple of days ago and now would like to set up the Smart TV with my Virgin Media wireless which is running on two laptops at present. I have purchased and installed in the USB port the AN-WF 100 wireless LAN but I am being asked to complete the security key of my Network. I have been in touch with Virgin who yesterday gave me an 8 figure from the rear of the Super Hub but this is rejected. I have had another lengthy telecon with Virgin this afternoon when I was given the passphrase which is shown on the Super Hub but again I could not get a connection. I would be grateful if someone could kindly help me for I have to confess to being hopelessly out of my depth. It all appeared to be very simple to me but sadly senility has overtaken me! Many thanks in advance.

2. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    On the back of the Super hub there is an SSID and a pass phrase, the SSID is the wireless network name and the passphrase is the security password. I don't know how the LG smart TV config works but I would assume you can scan for a network to connect to, select the one with your Super hubs SSID and then enter the pass phrase to connect.

Of course it is possible that the Super hub has been reconfigured by someone with a different SSID and pass phrase but you can reset the Super hub to get the default settings back.

You can also look at one of the laptops and see what network name they have connected to, right click on the wireless icon on the task bar. The only issue then is what is the pass phrase if it has been changed from default.

Hope this helps

David

BTW this post is in the wrong forum, ask a moderator to move it to the Virgin Media forum where you will get more responses.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Very many thanks David for your prompt and informative response. I will do as you suggest.

4. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Moderator - I should be pleased if you would kindly place this post in the Virgin Media forum. Many thanks.

5. spyder viewer

spyder viewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Done while you were still fast asleep!;) Whe're a bit like the Borrowers except we don't borrow anything!

6. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Following on from the information which DavidT kindly gave me I am still encountering difficulties when typing in the pass phrase shown on the rear of the Super Hub. DavidT has suggested that I reset the Super Hub to get the default settings back just in case it has been re-configured. Could someone kindly tell me how to do this please. My SSID is showing Virgin Media. My apologies for being such a 'dumb-dumb'!!

7. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi All, I'm pleased to say that I have now successfully made the connection between my Smart TV and the internet having established the correct pass phrase. Many thanks for your assistance, particularly to DavidT.

8. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Glad you got it sorted.

David