Smart TV`s / Superfast broadband

bopper1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have been lingering for a while but now considering updating tv having learnt a little more from posters (thanks!). Now that Smart TV`s have been well-established alongside fibre broadband for several years, has anyone encountered any issues with the new Superfast fibre broadband that is starting to be rolled out of late? Is the smarttv technology perfectly compatible or would it be wise to wait a little longer?

Have been lingering for a while but now considering updating tv having learnt a little more from posters (thanks!). Now that Smart TV`s have been well-established alongside fibre broadband for several years, has anyone encountered any issues with the new Superfast fibre broadband that is starting to be rolled out of late? Is the smarttv technology perfectly compatible or would it be wise to wait a little longer?

Which is?

Any smart TV will take as much net bandwidth as needed.
There should be no problems whatsoever.

The different ways of delivering broadband all share a common data and routing format (if they didn't they wouldn't be connected to the internet).

So all that remains the same and the physical connections on your TV are wi-fi and Ethernet which haven't changed (or at least are backwards compatible).

In short, only your modem/router needs to worry about interfacing with a broadband connection, everything else essentially stays the same.

Fibre and Superfast have been synonyms since the start, they both typically refer to FTTC/VDSL. I'm not sure what you're talking about with reference to a 'new superfast fibre'.

The next step will be FTTH/FTTP (several hundred Megabits) but that's generally tagged with the Ultrafast label.

Fibre and Superfast have been synonyms since the start, they both typically refer to FTTC/VDSL. I'm not sure what you're talking about with reference to a 'new superfast fibre'.

The next step will be FTTH/FTTP (several hundred Megabits) but that's generally tagged with the Ultrafast label.

Neither am I hence why I asked in post#2 and still no further knowing what the OP means as Superfast Fibre has been around for a good few years now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom