Question smart tv and separate sagem recorder

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by salsa, Jun 19, 2015.

1. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a samsung smart tv with freeview & freesat.I got a recorder sagem 95320 from a friend who didnt need it,can I record with it even with freesat built into my tv,as my friend couldnt get it to record,he thinks something was stopping it as it does work with his tv and I saw some things he had recorded on his tv,so I know it does work
    thanks

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    It's a Freeview recorder.

3. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    The TV is irrelevant, if you tell us exactly what is happening maybe someone can help.

4. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I connected the hdmi lead but their is a satellite and air lead is in the back of the tv,so How can I get the satellite cable to the recorder,tv in on the wall scared to pull in case I upset things,there are 2 input connectors but I dont know what I am doing,bear with me I not very technical

5. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    If the model number is correct it's a Freeview PVR. Freeview is received through an aerial and not a satellite dish. You will have to provide an aerial connection to use it, they cannot record from external sources such as your TV as you would with a VCR or DVD recorder.

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    You need a connection from an aerial to the recorder.
    I'll move the thread to its correct location, the Freeview section.

7. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry I mixed up the numbers on checking again today i see DTR 94320S hd freesat on the bottom,I checked and it is the right one

8. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    Excellent. You can either unplug the satellite dish cable from the TV and put it into the Sagem, via an extension cable if it's too short. Or ideally run another two cables from the LNB on the dish direct to the Sagem. You need 2 inputs to be able to record any combination of channels simultaneously, with one you'll be limited.

9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,208
    You should be able to record up to two programmes at the same time. You need to wire two additional cables for it from the lnb on the dish.

Sagem DTR 94500 review | TechRadar

As you only have a TV the dish may only have a lnb with a single outlet. If so it will need replacing with one with 4 outputs.

BRAND NEW 4 WAY QUAD LNB FOR SKY+/FREESAT/HD/SKYPLUS | eBay

10. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    to let you understand I have a dish outside my bedroom window with a tv and humax recorder in my bedroom, my main tv is in another room,do you mean I would need another lead right through my loft to come down into my lounge tv,and do you mean the connection I already have in my tv also put into the back of the sagem,not sure if I am explaining my self very well

11. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +822
    What is connected to the dish already;
    Are the bedroom TV and the bedroom Humax recorder both connected to the dish?
    The lounge Samsung smart TV can be connected simultaneously to both an aerial - to view terrestrial service Freeview; and to the LNB on the dish to view Freesat - free satellite channels.
    Does the bedroom TV also have this capability or is it connected only to the aerial?
    What is the model number of the bedroom Humax recorder?

For satellite reception, each TUNER needs its own connection/cable from the LNB on the dish.
    A TV or Freesat RECEIVER (STB) usually has one satellite tuner.
    A PVR normally has two, as they have evolved to record two channels simultaneously. A terrestrial PVR only needs one connection to an aerial; and terrestrial devices can be chained on a single aerial feed, eg. PVR - DVD recorder - HD STB - TV.

Some (Humax) Freesat recorders can pass through one of its LNB feeds to another tuner; the downstream tuner can receive the full range of channels when the recorder is fully in standby but only channels from the same range as the recorder's tuner1 when the recorder is active.

If the Humax recorder is a Freesat model that has the third satellite connection, I would install that in the lounge, with the LNB passthrough connected to the Samsung TVs satellite in connection, and move the Sagem Freesat recorder to the bedroom. Then the four outputs on the LNB would suffice, two to each room.

Otherwise I would run three satellite feeds to the lounge (upgrading the LNB to a quad if necessary), one to the TV and two to the Sagem recorder.

If you ever need more than four satellite feeds you can further upgrade the LNB to an Octal which provides eight outputs, or a quattro LNB and switch combination (...expensive...) which is expandable beyond eight tuners.

12. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    humax pvr-9200t,use through scart (no HDMI)from loft aerial,to watch freeview connected to tv , Goodmans 101 sd for freesat seperate lead from dish,no problem switching from source to watch freeview or freesat.Living room I have 2 leads in samsung tv,1 in ANT other in AIR,I dont intend to have any more outputs,I recently got a new LNB as I was having some problems but none now,as there are 2 leads in the back of tv do I need to put any or both in sagem and will it work

13. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +822
    Sounds like you have:
    Aerial for terrestrial signal, split to the bedroom (humax freeview ss recorder) and loung (smart-tv for freeview). Do not adjust this.
    Quad LNB for satellite (freesat), one connection to freesat STB in bedroom and one connection to lounge for satellite tuner in the smart-tv. Leave these as are too.

What you ideally need is to utilise the two unused Outputs on the LNB to the lounge connect to the two inputs on the sagem freesat recorder. And link the sagem to the TV with the HDMI cable. Job done.

14. salsa

salsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks to all for your help,I get you now as I need a 4 outputs instead of the 2 I already have.I think I will give all this a miss now as I got the new bit not long ago and dont want to any expense or asking a friend to change things,as I was given the sagem free I may well give it to someone else,thanks again your help is much appreciated.