Smart TV and BT Vision

pad1974

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung smart tv and want to connect my BT Vision. Do I just connect the aerial to BT Vision and then route it to the TV? Will the smart tv work ok or do I need to to connect it all up in a particular way? Wasn't sure it plugging the aerial directly into BT Visuon would affect the capability of apps within the smart TV features such as Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Also I presume I can connect BT Vision using HDMI rather than a scart.

Not clued up on technology so hope this makes sense.

Yes, aerial into BT Vision, RF Out on BT Vision to the Tv aerial input.
You may need to go into the BT Vision settings and turn on RF passthrough (or Loopthrough) as I think going from memory it's off by default and won't passthrough the aerial signal to the Tv.
Yes, connect by HDMI lead if the BT Vision box has it, you won't be able to view any of the HD channels in HD on the BT box if you connect by scart.
As long as you have your network connected to your smart Tv connecting the BT box won't affect it.
You'll probably need to go into the BT box settings and connect it to your network as well in order to use on-demand or catch-up services on it.

Last edited:
Hello JayCee

Many thanks for your help.

Seems straight forward.

So to summarise I just need an rf out from the BT Vision and a hdmi cable. That's it? Chasing them in so don't want to miss anything.

You'll also need an Ethernet lead from the BT Vision box to your router unless it has built-in Wi-fi but as to the rest yes, that's all you need.

Sorry, last question.....

Am I right thinking the HDMI doesn't carry sound and as the tv has its own speakers I don't need to connect BT Vision to the tv with an audio cable?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom