Smart switches and light strips for new house

Invertigo

Hello all!

I currently live in a flat and have an Alexa controlled home with some Hue bulbs, Ring alarm system etc. We're in the process of moving so I'm looking at what I need to add to expand the system to suit the new property.

There's a lot of spotlights, way more than would be reasonable to swap to Hue bulbs, so I figure the best option is smart switches instead. Ideally want a couple of dimmers and the rest regular on/off switches is fine.

I'd also like to, at some point, add motion/light sensors to the kitchen, hallway etc. We have an Echo with a built in hub so I assume a ZigBee compatible one is the best option.

Similarly, if I add some govee light strips to the kitchen, would these link up with a smart switch and motion sensor?

Thanks all, still feel very new to this whole smart home setup.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Shelly WiFi modules are cheap and easy to install and will work with Amazon Echo

You would need a Shelly dimmer2 and Shelly 2.5 relay modules

They also have there own motion sensor as well

Modules are under £20 and motion sensor £36

Invertigo

Thanks for that, had heard of Shelly before and seems about right. Assume they have some switches that work 2 way I.e. landing lights will have a switch upstairs and one downstairs?

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
They are modules that go behind standard light switches rather than switches themselves . A single module will work with two way switches

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
EC0CE868-5BC5-462B-AC12-78443FF4C55D.jpeg

AB615EC6-290B-44F3-B873-2908B48FA9CC.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom