Smart Soundbar or 2 Separate Devices?

johneboy

I'm looking for some advise smart soundbars. I have tried 3 so far and the Echo Studio, all of them have had problems that meant they had to be returned. So I've come here to see if anybody can recommend a smart soundbar that actually works. Ideally just a stand alone soundbar (no space for a sub) that can fill a kitchen/dining space and sound good with music and TV. Or am I better off with two separate devices? I'm open to that option as well. If so, which soundbar would do the job and partner with an Echo Dot or similar?

The Studio suffered from horrific lip sync issues and audio drop outs, as well as having a mind of it's own at times! Not bad sound though.
Sonos Beam - Tested this 3 years ago. Sounded great but the mics were rubbish and Alexa responses were way too loud compared to the music/TV you'd be listening to.
Yamaha YAS-209 - Too huge, sounded good, but again Alexa responses were way too loud versus music/TV.
Polk React - My latest test. This sounded ok for the money, but it randomly stops when playing music and then won't respond. Once again Alexa responses were disproportionately loud.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom