Smart Smoke Alarm/Heat Detectors

nokiauk

Hi

Due to impending change in Scottish fire regulation, I'm looking to replace my existing 2 x mains wired smoke alarms and replace with the following:

3 x mains smoke alarm (hallway downstairs/upstairs & lounge)
1 x mains heat detector (kitchen)

As I'm upgrading I would prefer smart versions which I can access via phone, currenty have a Nest thermostat but I believe as the Nest Protect has combined heat/smoke detection this wouldn't meet regs for a kitchen install despite Nest saying I can install 3m from a cooking appliance.

Are there any other options out there, I've looked at Fire Angel but not sure if they're any good.

I am also considering updating my security alarm to a smart/app controlled version, would it be best to find a smoke/heat detector which could integrate to this instead?

Thanks

nokiauk

Have a look at Ajax both i and @mushii have been blown away with their system .
Thanks for the Ajax suggestion, I've had a quick look and they do seem to offer a good range of products, my concern is the same as the Nest is that they don't offer a separate heat & smoke detector and this may fall foul of the regs.

mushii

Distinguished Member
I have 3 x Kidde / Firex wired smoke detectors and 3 x Kidde / Firex heat detectors wired to my Ajax alarm using a Kidde / Firex SMK23RU relay base. This means that if my mains detectors trip my Ajax alarm activates in Fire Mode, sounds the alarm and notifies me in the Ajax app

mushii

Distinguished Member
OK it won’t tell me exactly which smoke / heat alarm tripped but It still gives me a smart notification Which is what I need. I also have Ajax FireProtect smoke detectors as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom