Smart Smoke Alarm/Heat Detectors

nokiauk

Hi

Due to impending change in Scottish fire regulation, I'm looking to replace my existing 2 x mains wired smoke alarms and replace with the following:

3 x mains smoke alarm (hallway downstairs/upstairs & lounge)
1 x mains heat detector (kitchen)

As I'm upgrading I would prefer smart versions which I can access via phone, currenty have a Nest thermostat but I believe as the Nest Protect has combined heat/smoke detection this wouldn't meet regs for a kitchen install despite Nest saying I can install 3m from a cooking appliance.

Are there any other options out there, I've looked at Fire Angel but not sure if they're any good.

I am also considering updating my security alarm to a smart/app controlled version, would it be best to find a smoke/heat detector which could integrate to this instead?

Thanks

nokiauk

Have a look at Ajax both i and @mushii have been blown away with their system .

Thanks for the Ajax suggestion, I've had a quick look and they do seem to offer a good range of products, my concern is the same as the Nest is that they don't offer a separate heat & smoke detector and this may fall foul of the regs.

D

Deleted member 24354

I have 3 x Kidde / Firex wired smoke detectors and 3 x Kidde / Firex heat detectors wired to my Ajax alarm using a Kidde / Firex SMK23RU relay base. This means that if my mains detectors trip my Ajax alarm activates in Fire Mode, sounds the alarm and notifies me in the Ajax app

D

Deleted member 24354

OK it won’t tell me exactly which smoke / heat alarm tripped but It still gives me a smart notification Which is what I need. I also have Ajax FireProtect smoke detectors as well.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom