Smart share app

Rickwhitehill55

Novice Member
Hi all, I've watched loads of videos on connecting my phone to my 2020 lg gx oled. All mentioned navigating to the smart share app. This app is not available on my TV of from LG store. Is it still in use?

I would also like to know how to save images to internal storage. The photos and video app seems to imply this can be done.

Last edited:

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi all, I've watched loads of videos on connecting my phone to my 2020 lg gx oled. All mentioned navigating to the smart share app. This app is not available on my TV of from LG store. Is it still in use?

I would also like to know how to save images to internal storage. The photos and video app seems to imply this can be done.
Smart share is what LG used to called the TV's internal media player covering its USB and DLNA functions. They also made smart share apps that tied into DLNA but they've been discontinued as has the smart share branding I think.

Get BubbleUPnP for your phone it basically does what smart share did acting as a DLNA controller.

You cant save to the internal storage unless its changed (I don't think it has), the TV has very limited internal storage, its not a good idea to save media to it even if it were possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom