1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart scart dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rik, Dec 27, 2001.

1. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to repost, but I got no replies in General Hardware and I guess it is T.V. related!!

Dear forum-goers,

I've got a nice big 36" Panasonic T.V. with a DVD player and seperate amp (and surprisingly large debts!).

I need to change the naff scart cables that i've got (freebies) for some decent ones.

I'm looking at either the IXOS 126 at £35 for 0.75m or the QED AV21 at £50 for 1m.

Has anyone got either of these cables? If so how much better are they than cheap scart cables.

(Even better, has anyone compared the two???(Bit lazy of me I know - soz))

Also, is it worth getting the QED AV41 (the RGB only one)? Does it really make any difference.

Thanks for your help.

Luv Rik

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There should be considerable difference in quality in a decent scart cable and a freebie.

Not only will the better cables give higher quality pictures but should also cut out a lot of the interference problems that some people get.

I haven't used either of those mentioned but have an Ixos at about £20 to connect DVD to TV and a similar for Digibox with a £5 type for VCR.

3. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your budget allows, try the Chord SCART, excellent...

4. brucecorbin

brucecorbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have the qed scart, cost 5o pounds, and improved picture and definitely worth the money. also bought qed optical cable 35 pounds for dvd to tv and once again vast improvement.
    remember the cox they go into are not brilliant.