Smart Lighting for Cafe

funinacup

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we're opening a cafe soon and want to use something along the lines of Hue for dimming the lights and timing the on/off etc.

I need 9 GU10's and 14 E27's.

Obviously the lights have switches but we'll have to leave those on, and I'll probably buy a wireless hue switch that turns all of the lights on and back to the same settings last used.

Just wondering if there's anything I should be considering. We're not in a position to put in a "proper" system, so it basically has to be smart bulbs I think as the cost will be in the 200-300 range at a guess.

Open to suggestions or ideas on how to make it work the best it can.

Many thanks
Michael

The shelly app will let you set up timers , automatic dimming scenes and all on/off scenarios

You can then add a shelly button to run scenes

How many different circuits (sets of lights) ?

Shelly Modules behind the light switches would be significantly more cost effective.

Shelly Dimmer2

At £25 per set of lights

Or even Shelly bulbs if you cant get behind the light switches

Shelly Duo

Shelly Duo - RGBW GU10

Also cheaper than Hue
The bulbs look good, thanks.

The electrician is installing a 6 or 9 way switch bank. I think there are 6 groups of lights that will be switched and smart, the others will just be using normal bulbs (like fluorescent tubes etc)

I don't think we could get 6 shelleys behind the switch bank, and the wall has already been plastered so no scope to open it up again, but I'll check with the sparky because he might know different!

Thank you.

Shelly modules would be best if you can squeeze them in . If just on/off rather than dimming you can use the dual modules

I've gone off Shellys. Used to have quite a few around the house with a view to expanding but due to recently firmware and hardware issues I've been put off. Plus I personally prefer Zigbee devices.

I've gone off Shellys. Used to have quite a few around the house with a view to expanding but due to recently firmware and hardware issues I've been put off. Plus I personally prefer Zigbee devices.
I’m surprised at that as just seen Shelly get better and better especially with their new offerings

Just seems that in their rush to expand, quality control has gone downhill.

The bulbs look good, thanks.

The electrician is installing a 6 or 9 way switch bank. I think there are 6 groups of lights that will be switched and smart, the others will just be using normal bulbs (like fluorescent tubes etc)

I don't think we could get 6 shelleys behind the switch bank, and the wall has already been plastered so no scope to open it up again, but I'll check with the sparky because he might know different!

Thank you.

I meant to add the Shelly modules can be in the ceiling rather than behind the switches as long as the correct cables are there

Not allowed to tout for work but I do this for a living if anyone cares and wishes to donate to charity

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom