Smart home CCTV

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by jonnyMercUK, Aug 28, 2018.

1. jonnyMercUK

jonnyMercUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I'm very much into Smart home devices, we've moved into a project property which is allowing me to put what I want in.

I'm onto the CCTV now, i'm not sure whether to go for wired/battery powered, IP/analogue. I've seen quite a lot of hype about Hikvision which looks a good system to use if I was going down the wired route.

Integration with my other devices would be good, so for instance Alexa. The Arlo cameras seem to do this.

Does anyone have any advice?

2. 3guk

3guk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Really depends on how you are looking to integrate it with everything else, and what you already have.

In terms of cameras, I've installed quite a number of Ubiquiti G3 Cameras + NVR systems, I must admit I really like them, the cameras are quite visually pleasing and the quality of the video is great - integration options are fairly limited, I know you can set them to work with the Echo Show fairly easily, for me the main selling point was that they are all Power-Over Ethernet, so stupidly easy to install.