Smart features not appearing

AVtyke

Novice Member
HI.
An elderly relative has told me they are having problems accessing any smart features ie iplayers on their Panasonic TV.
The internet is working fine but for some reason its not finding anything
I shall find out more this week but do we think this might be a case of a factory reset required, or just a dabble with settings?
Anyone had similar issues? Its only happened this last week. FIne up until then and as i say no problems with the internet.
Works fine on other wireless devices
Any help much appreciated. Thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Welcome.
You need to give the TV's full model number to get any sort of meaningful reply.
As a start tell them to try a power reboot...pull the power plug and leave it out overnight then power it up in the morning...it isn’t enough just to switch it to standby.

AVtyke

Novice Member
Thanks. Ill get them to do that first. I will be able to visit him later in the week so if that doesnt work ill get the TV details and post again then can have a proper look

AVtyke

Novice Member
Thanks. Ill get them to do that first. I will be able to visit him later in the week so if that doesnt work ill get the TV details and post again then can have a proper look
Hi. The TV is a Panasonic TX43FS352B. When you set it up the WiFi info appears ok in the settings. But as soon as you click into Freeview Play it states there is no connection to the net. I've tried rebooting the router n unplugging the TV but no luck. Any ideas much appreciated

mikej

Are you able to launch any apps (eg. iPlayer) separately, in case it's the Freeview Play interface that's the problem ? It would be useful to have some way of confirming that the wi-fi is working.

If not, then connecting the TV to the router with an ethernet cable might help to identify if the wi-fi connection is the cause of the problem - if it's some distance away, you could either use an extra-long cable or temporarily move the TV closer to the router.

Before you do that though, I would try a factory reset (usually called 'Shipping Condition' on a Panasonic). Bear in mind you might need to help with retuning the TV channels, logging into apps and setting up the wi-fi again if they're not able to.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom