Smart external post box

techno79

Due to the design of the front door and the front of the house, I can't get a normal letter box fitted so I'm going to have to get an external post box that I fit to the front facing brick wall on the side of the door.

Most of the post boxes are a metal box with no way of knowing if there's mail inside except for opening up the box with the key. There's a few that have small viewing windows so you can see if there's mail but I was wondering if there's any smart solutions out there?

The only thing I can find is this little DIY box on Amazon: Amazon product

I found the same device being sold on websites for much cheaper (e.g. Smart Home WIFI Mail Alert Device with Email Notification Letter box Notifier) but the websites look really dodgy/scam like.

Does anyone have any good solutions for this problem which won't cost the earth?

techno79

Depending on the style of letterbox this may work well

That is a great shout. I've seen that door contact before but it never crossed my mind. I haven't purchased the external post box yet so I can make sure I get something that would be compatible with the sensor. It'll look a little ugly but I reckon I could paint it to make it blend in a little.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom