Smart Control remote not working correctly

pbarrera

Novice Member
Just purchased a Samsung QLED Q8DA 55". When I turn it on with the Smart Control remote (model RMCSPA1EP1) it comes on with a screen giving me two choices - setting the TV up by Smartphone (which is not an option I have) or using the Step-by-Step instructions for remote setup. It defaults to highlighting the Smartphone option unfortunately. I have tried to use the remote's button to move to the second choice but the directional buttons on the main wheel don't respond at all. All I can do with the remote is turn it on, turn it off, and hold down the Volume button to bring up the Accessibility settings. None of the other buttons seem to have any effect at all. I assume the remote is paired with the TV because it powers off and on and I can get the Accessibility settings. But beyond that - nothing. All I want to do is to turn it on, go to source, and aim it at HDMI 1. That's what the Comcast receiver is connected. Does anyone have any ideas? Much, much appreciated.

TVEye

The best answer to that is to throw the so-called 'smart' remote into a drawer and then forget about it. :-D

pbarrera

Novice Member
Technical support called me and told me how to reset the remote. All was good after that. I had Googled how to reset a Samsung remote but all of the instructions I found were for remotes that used batteries. My particular Samsung remote does not. It's solar-powered or USB.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom