Smallworld Media Cable Box

davedvd4

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently subscribe to smallworld media. I have a KAON box. As smallworld dont do a V+ style box i was wondering if i was to get hold of a V+box would it work ok? Or is there another box that would?
Thanks

No it wont work. Plus it will breach your contract with Smallworld which states that you can only connect their equipment to the network. I had asked them in the past about a DVB-C card for my computer and wether I could get hooked up using that and was told that it wouldn't work and would breach the contract.

However there are rumours that they may be bringing both recorder set top boxes (V+/Sky+) along with HD sometime this year apparently.

No it wont work. Plus it will breach your contract with Smallworld which states that you can only connect their equipment to the network. I had asked them in the past about a DVB-C card for my computer and wether I could get hooked up using that and was told that it wouldn't work and would breach the contract.

However there are rumours that they may be bringing both recorder set top boxes (V+/Sky+) along with HD sometime this year apparently.

Thats good news if they bring it in. This might sound daft but how would they know if you had a different box connected??

Thats good news if they bring it in. This might sound daft but how would they know if you had a different box connected??

On the bottom of the set top box is a number, that is linked to Smallworld's computer system and if the serial number of the box doesn't match one on the system an error will appear on the set top box and you wont get any channels. If you ever get the box replaced (as I have had quite a few times, both the new KAON boxes and the awful Pace boxes) the engineer who comes out will phone through the Smallworld with the new serial number of the box so it'll work on the system.

I had the engineers out plenty of times to the pace box. They really were rubbish!!!

Hopefully they will hurry up with the new boxes then. Thanks for your help

Also what are the cable boxes on ebay??

There seems to be a lot of "Starview" boxes. Are these any good?

All equipment for connection to the cable networks is rented from the various suppliers.

Anything available from ebay or other suppliers, such as Eurovox, Starview, etc., CANNOT BE CONNECTED LEGALLY to the cable network.

All equipment for connection to the cable networks is rented from the various suppliers.

Anything available from ebay or other suppliers, such as Eurovox, Starview, etc., CANNOT BE CONNECTED LEGALLY to the cable network.

I didnt know that, thanks for letting me know

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom