Smallville

pwiles1968

Established Member
Reaction score
Season 4 is on E4 tonight at 9pm :) , not seen it advertised at all, :censored: Sky for you. I guess it will be repeated later in the week.

I will be really be :censored: if it is not the first one in the series and I have missed any. :mad:

Not sure you can blame SKY for the lack of promotion by E4 :)

Having said that I did see a brief flash of Smallville while 30x through the adverts during Desperate Housewives last week and the local radio (Century 106) has been running E4 ads for a while mentioning Smallville.

Can anyone tell me what happened in the last episode of season three? I must have missed it as i hadnt a clue what was going on last night!

Watched it, thought it might actually be half decent but it was a bad as it has been since the second series, oh well

stealther said:
Can anyone tell me what happened in the last episode of season three? I must have missed it as i hadnt a clue what was going on last night!

I had the same problem so I checked out www.kryptonsite.com, found this:

A girl claiming to be "Kara" from Krypton wants to bring Clark home. The Kents learn about the deal Jonathan made with Jor-El. The Sullivans and Clark testify against Lionel, and Clark finally learns the secret of Lex's secret room. As the episode ends, it appears Chloe's gone boom, Clark's been sucked into the cave wall, Lex appears poisoned, Jonathan looks dead, and the Kent Farm is on fire...

Unfortunately, none of this rung any bells whatsoever! So I just tuned in and enjoyed the new episode regardless!

Yeah none of that rings a bell either I must have def missed it.
Ok anyone know when season 3 is out on DVD?

Me and the wife had the same problem it was that long since the end of season 3 we had forgotten what happened. :oops:

Thought I'd resurrect this thread having just watched last night's episode (Monday 7th Feb)

WARNING minor SPOILERS for those who have not viewed current episode on E4

Mmmm, Clark sure has got three honeys on his hands! Lois Lane (who is of course destined to be his wife) is my pick of the bunch, she looked fab in that surgical rubber bikini thing. I loved the bit when she delivered a karate kick to the villainous surgeon and said 'bitch!'

Great ending in the 'Dawson's Creek' mould, of having high school / college American-style rock music (it was Avril Lavigne) whilst we saw the heartbreak on Chloe's face as she saw the connection between Lois and Clark.

ANyone else still watching this?

Been available for roughly half that price on R1 for the past few months.

I've been watching this since season 1 - ans so far, season 4 seems to stretch the legacy a little far...in the superb 1977 movie "Superman", did Clark Kent not introduce himself to Lois Lane, who apparantly had never met him before...:confused:

SPOILER:

For those of you that don't know - Clark Kent IS Superman!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Ah but don't forget the Superman legacy / origin story has been overhauled and revamped a few times since the '70s.

Smallville is just another riff on that.

and who knows, perhaps at the end of season 5 which is rumoured to be the finale season where he moves to metropolis, jor el (or ja rule as i keep accidentally calling him) will wipe everyone's memories of clark in a last ditch attempt to make him conform and become kal el, but of course he'll deliver the ultimate FU to his daddy and decide to live as a human despite having to start all over again.

Wipe everyone's memory? Might be a good idea.

Season 1 of smallville was good. First half of Season 2 was also good. Since then its just dragging a bit and its full of filler episodes, and rehashed stories of teenagers gaining powers and clarke stopping them.
I quite like how they use Lana like a punching bag-- she got hit by a mirror this week, kicked by a horse, caught in a hurricane and not to mention howmany times she's got kidnapped! Her character is weak and/or predictable.
Best character by far, is the ruthless Mr Luthor himself, then his son Lex.

silent ninja said:
Wipe everyone's memory? Might be a good idea.

Season 1 of smallville was good. First half of Season 2 was also good. Since then its just dragging a bit and its full of filler episodes, and rehashed stories of teenagers gaining powers and clarke stopping them.
I quite like how they use Lana like a punching bag-- she got hit by a mirror this week, kicked by a horse, caught in a hurricane and not to mention howmany times she's got kidnapped! Her character is weak and/or predictable.
Best character by far, is the ruthless Mr Luthor himself, then his son Lex.

lol i totally disagree, i thought the first season of Smallville and the first parts of season 2 were a bit shallow, as they tended to be a lot of cheesy one-offs with clark vs some meteor freak, but season 3 really kicked in with a story about clark's ancestry and a superb clark vs lex vs lionel plotline which culminated in a really explosive [literally] finale. Season 4 so far has been slow building up, but there's quite a few plot lines which i'm sure are destined to come together for another superb climax to the season.

I know i'm being a bit harsh. Overall i think its a very good tv series. Very watchable and definitely one of the better things on tv lately. I'm glad they introduced Lois Lane, Lana was getting :boring:
BTW where's Clarke's best friend, Pete? Did they kill him off without an onscreen farewell? Or did i miss an episode...?

silent ninja said:
I know i'm being a bit harsh. Overall i think its a very good tv series. Very watchable and definitely one of the better things on tv lately. I'm glad they introduced Lois Lane, Lana was getting :boring:
BTW where's Clarke's best friend, Pete? Did they kill him off without an onscreen farewell? Or did i miss an episode...?

he left town cos he couldnt cope with keeping Clark's secret. it was a bit rushed but the Pete character wasn't really in the slightest bit interesting so i'm glad they wrote him out.

I think Pete's "Mom" got an important job (D.A. ?) in a different part of the country, as well as the pressure of being Clark's only 'confidante' about the secret.

the thing i like about season 4 of smallville is clark now gets to play on the football team

There are several things I like about Season 4 and none of them are related to Clark :devil:

? You people actually pay attention to the storyline? I watch it muted so I can better concentrate on Kristen Kreuk :devil:

marc_angelus said:
lol i totally disagree, i thought the first season of Smallville and the first parts of season 2 were a bit shallow, as they tended to be a lot of cheesy one-offs with clark vs some meteor freak, but season 3 really kicked in with a story about clark's ancestry and a superb clark vs lex vs lionel plotline which culminated in a really explosive [literally] finale. Season 4 so far has been slow building up, but there's quite a few plot lines which i'm sure are destined to come together for another superb climax to the season.

I have to agree with Marc Angelus thefirst couple of seasons of Smallville were pretty terrible and the third season was much, much better. The story lines of Lex verses Lionel were superb. Lex is the best character by some distance & Clarke is just urm well a great big dud.

I too am glad that Pete has gone because he was always dead weight on the show.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom