Smallest, neatest? AV Receiver

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a brilliant Denon AVR 2400 and due to changing the rood around I would, Ideally, like a smaller AVR. Similar quality to the Denon obviously and probably in the same price bracket. Its quite hard to get a quick view of options out there so any pointers appreciated
The Marantz 1510 and 1711 are quite slim

Last edited:
The Marantz and the Denon websites usually have pictures and specs for their ranges- including measurements.

Check Peter Tyson for price etc.

I don't need anymore than 5.1 or 5.2 and they look quite neat. Shame they are not a bit narrower but you can't have everything. Cant really see much else out there that's smaller

Marantz have class d amps.and not as powerful either.

Probably same width anyway just height

All of Marantz's AV receivers use class A/B amplification and not class D. Their models are no less powerful than those made by other manufacturers. The fact is that Marantz are owned by the same parent company (Sound United) who owns Denon and many of the models are basically the same as far as the power they can supply is concerned.

All AV receivers irrespective of who makes them will be the same width. The only variable in terms of size will be their depth and their height.

The slimline models are less powrful than the more conventional models, mainly because their size limits the PSU that can be integrated into them. Whetrher less power would be an issue would depend upon the speakers being driven and the size of the room in which you'd be using the AVR and said speakers. Slimline AV receiver are not a good choice for use in larger rooms and not really a good choice if using harder to drive speakers.

As a side note, you ordinarilly get more power with less heat from class D amplification and not less power.

Last edited:
Good info as always Dante

My room is not largel so that should be OK. I use Q Acoustics 7000i speakers that are shelf sized and they sound really great and I think they pretty much go with anything in terms of being driven

I'll pop into Richer Sounds and check the Marantz out

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom