Smallest mATX case advice.

elsmandino

Hi,

I have a spare MicroATX board/CPU and want to build the smallest possible PC.

All it will contain is a picoPSU powersupply and a single SSD.

Can anyone suggest any really small cases?

Ideally I would want it to be pretty cheap as I am going to mod it by sticking a 120mm/140mm fan on the side.

This is claimed to be the "the smallest chassis available for micro atx boards" but having looked at the size specs, I think that there are smaller things out there:

Pc Cases UK X-Case Mini Micro Case- Probably the smallest Micro Atx Case Pc Computer Cases

Any help would be much appreciated.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Are any dimensions particularly important (for example are you after a small footprint) or are you trying to minimise overall volume?

And yes, that case at 11.9 Litres isn't the smallest available volume. Silverstone do the LC19 which is 9.2 litres, although for your use even that wastes a lot of space and you may be able to find something at circa 5 litres if heat dissipation isn't a problem (they make 1U rackmount cases with mATX sized motherboards in that size).

elsmandino

Hi - very good question.

I think I am looking at minimum thickness rather than volume.

Ultimately, I really wanted something that I could hide behind a TV or monitor i.e. a very slim case.

That LC19 looks very good indeed - just a shame it is so expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom