Smallest lightest phone with basic web and email

kilobulb

I find that I generally have my tablet with me and that I don't need a bulky smart phone as well. I'm looking for a small light phone with a decent camera (preferably with flash) that I can use to check email or browse the web in a pinch. GPS would be a bonus in case I find myself lost :).

Sadly it appears that this type of phone is no longer made and newer smartphones seem to be getting bigger and bigger. The new Sony Xperia SX looks promising if still a little big.
This seems to leave older feature phones I can see:

Nokia 5310 XpressMusic thin, super light, 3.5mm jack, no 3g,no gps, poor camera
Nokia X3-02 Touch and Type Light, thin, Wifi,gps,3.5mm but no flash
Samsung S7220 Thin, decent camera, has flash,GPS, no 3.5mm
Nokia 6220 classic Has a Xenon flash and gps. Reportedly unresponsive, shoddy build quality,no 3.5mm jack,relatively thick
Sony Ericsson Elm Wifi,GPS, flash. No 3.5 jack, thickest,heaviest

I remember a K800 doing a decent job of this although sans gps and a little heavy and thick by todays standards Probably harder to pickup in decent condition these days as well. The Opera mini,gmail and google maps apps were fairly useable. Although this was 6 years or so ago so I may be remembering it as better than it was!

Anyone have a similar setup or using an older phone they find still does the job pretty well? Maybe there's a small smartphone that I've missed?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom