"Smallest" 32"LED/LCD ?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Boostrail, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    As posted in a previous thread I have ideally been looking for a LCD 26" TV for our new kitchen/breakfast room. This should be 1080x1920 and have Freeview HD DVB-T2 on board.

I was directed to the only TV in this category - a 24" Panasonic.

However this TV for its screen size is very large having a very wide surround and is rather ugly.

It occurs to me that i may be able to get an edge lit 32"LED/LCD with only marginally larger overall dimensions.

However Search/Google do not throw up any definitive answers.

Any pointer on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
  3. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Thanks Vickster for the suggestions.

The smallest of these is still 175m (7") wider than the 24" Panasonic.( Not criticising the 32" models!)

The manufactureers should identify that there is a market for say a 28" LED/LCD with DVB-T2 for this sort of application. 22" now looks small.

There is no way I require a 3D TV in this location while I eat my cornflakes!

(on second thoughts - might be interesting for viewing female presenters...:devil:)

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Ah well...perhaps what you want doesn't exist...yet :( The trend is for bigger TVs

5. c.grex

c.grex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Why would you want 1080p on a 26" TV.

I don't think your going to find what your looking for. Sony have sort of started with the 26ex320, but even they didn't feel it needed 1080p on such a small screen size. I would go and veiw a few 26" or even 32" TV's with 720p stuff on, you will be had pushed to see the difference to 1080p on day to day viewing.

6. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I already have 2x 1080p 22"TV's and one 720p 22" TV - The difference is obvious! I also have several freeview HD boxes and HD looks better than SD on all these 3 TV's but markedly better on the 1080p TV's.

I am not pushed to see the difference! I go to specsavers!

I just want something bigger for our new Kitchen/breakfast room which is approx 5.5m x4m. I think a 22" will look lost but a 32" too obtrusive.

Since in the new Kitchen/breakfast room the TV will be wall mountedi I cnnot use a freeview HD box and therefore would like a 26-28" 1080p TV with a built in FVHD tuner.

TBH why any TV is sold today without a DVB-T2 capable tuner and is 1080p beats me? (otherwise 2006 technology?). Would you buy one?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012