smaller room the better?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by willz, Dec 22, 2006.

1. willz

willz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, i have a Logitech Z5500, nothing special lol, but i thought maybe it would be less disapointing if i placed it in a smaller room, then i would be able to get louder bass as the room is smaller.

I have put my z5500 in a smaller room now, and it seems to be the case that the bass is not as loud as when it was in a room 2 or 3 times bigger than it, as when i was in my other room which i moved out of because fell through loft floor getting decorations lol the bass was alot louder.

This small room is only tempory untill i get back into a larger room, and this room is very cramped, could this be why the bass is quieter, because all of the stuff in the room is absorbing the bass? i do have a spare mattress behind the subwoofer too, i would say the room is about 3 x 2.5 meter, in this toom i have, warbrobe, 2 cupboards, bed + 3 mattresses, bookshelve computers and other things, will this be why the bass is alot quieter, as i was told the smaller the room the more bass i would get and when i have a system that aint really that powerfull, i would of thought a smaller room would be better :s.

So why is the bass allot quieter? its ok for normal listning levels, just when i start cranking the system, then the bass is not enough and i need to increase it so much which i dident have to before.