1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smaller LCD advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jefftlor, Sep 12, 2005.

1. jefftlor

jefftlor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to put a small flat screen in a bedroom. Keen to avoid other boxes and remotes as don't have much space so looking for nice 22inch or less with freeview built in.
    Have a Loewe Articos in our lounge which I love so Loewe first instinct but looks like nothing under 26 inch has freeview wiht them
    Does anyone have any suggestions or know if Loewe do/will soon do a model under 26 inches with built in Freeview.

2. gazza166

gazza166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've been looking for a small LCD with freeview, although there's not much about.

Just found a Goodmans GLCD17DVB, 17" with Freeview for £287.64 at EmpireDirect. Seems a good deal for a second/bedroom set.

3. eddie_talbot

eddie_talbot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen one of these at the Curry's superstore. It has nice picture quality, but the sound quality is extremely poor - very tinny indeed. You'd really want external speakers although I don't know if you can attach any to this particular model.

I've been looking around in general for a smaller bedroom LCD, and went to the usual places to browse, and to be honest I think that the smaller LCDs are not very good value for money. A decent one can be about £400 which is only a few hundred quid away from the much larger 26"/32" models.

I saw a 17" w/s JVC which had integrated Freeview for £550!! That doesn't make a lot of sense, IMHO.

If anyone's got any other ideas, or a "hidden gem" they've seen then I'd like to know.