smaller connector depth scart leads

dayn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im having Sky multiroom installed today and when I tried to put my scart lead into the wall mounted Samsung LCD the section of the bracket that is mounted on the TV is bang in the way of where the scart lead should go........:mad:

I took the TV off the wall, undid the mount, inserted the scart, tried to put the mount back into the TV but the connector area of the scart protrudes about 1/2 inch to far for the mount to screw into the TV.......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know if anyone makes a scart lead that does not protrude out so far from the connector?? Looked about there are lots of flat leads but the connector is still protruding out too far..

Thanks in advance :)

Some with ribbon cables are less deep.
You'll find them on the CPC website as well as elsewhere (Amazon, probably Maplins too).

Would one of These be small enough?

Mark.

Thanks MarkE19, no this will still be too deep.
It's not the angle of the scart or the cable thickness its purely the connector head part of the lead being to large and sticking out too far when plugged in.

All scarts seem to have a similar, angled head. The shallower part of the connector is about OK but as you get to the actual cable it protrudes further out and becomes unworkable with my bracket.

I cant believe that Samsung have located the scart inputs in this position where it will clearly be blocking the scart inputs when a bracket is used.

So far it appears my choices are - use the stand rather than wall mount or use a scart to AV inputs lead... :mad:
I have opted (for now) for a Cambridge Audio scart to AV input lead, however am not sure if this will cause any degradation of the picture/sound quality.

My quest continues.......

I have previously removed the plastic case and plugged in that way. The plastic case normally hinges, probably means that the metal shield will need to be held together while you plug it on. Another idea might be to trim the casing to fit. Worked for my wall mounted Sammie and a scart that was too deep.

I have previously removed the plastic case and plugged in that way. The plastic case normally hinges, probably means that the metal shield will need to be held together while you plug it on. Another idea might be to trim the casing to fit. Worked for my wall mounted Sammie and a scart that was too deep.

Cheers for that I'll give that a try

Don't blame me though if you break your lead :)

Seriously you should be fine, it just means you need to be careful the lead doesn't get pulled as without the casing theres no strain relief, mine goes under the floor between 2 rooms so is cable tied to stop it getting pulled, and behind the TV and buried in the wall. I couldn't pull it if I tried without ripping up the floor.

Hi I have a similar issue,

I have a Toshiba 37UL863 LED TV which i have wall mounted, however I have an old virgin media box which only has a scart connection. The boffins at Toshiba have decided to put the scart connection on the back of the TV.

This defies the purpose of a nice thin LED wall mounted flush to the wall, as the scart lead protrudes by about 2 inches so i can't securely fit it to the wall mount.

Can anyone recommend a scart lead which I can use which does not protrude so far?

Thanks

Asif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom