Small width sound under £500

pamasonicman666

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am now focusing on my 2nd room, it’s a simple one room is about 4m x 5m, carpet floor and just a tv in the corner, we have the full 5.1 in the other room with seperates so in here we are looking for a sound bar.

I have borrowed the below set up to see what it is like in the room…

Samsung HW-H751 Valve Wireless Soundbar & Wireless Subwoofer​

this is a great set up but the bar is a little too long and we are looking for a shorter one to sit in front of the tv, also the sub a little smaller to locate next to the tv but as the sub is wireless I could put in the other corner of the room ( just wanted it all together),

I like the look of the bose 300 smart but you guys will know a lot more than me so I wanted to ask your opinions,

thank you
Mike

I've just gone with a Sonos Arc which sounds great but is probably too long and over the price limit. However the Sonos Beam might be worth a listen. Also worth checking out the Dali Kubik One which is currently £499 @ Richer Sounds.

I would say the Sonos Beam is the best compact stand alone solution in your price bracket, a solid and trouble free product in my experience.

Thank you, yes the arc is the same size as the one i am testing, sounds great but a little too large, the beam and the 300 i was looking at and yes at 65cm wide that will fit perfectly :)

The Beam and 300 look very similar, i cannot find a spec to show the speaker performance on the beam/300 so i can put up against the samsung one i am testing?

Thank you, any reason why this one over the bose? My wife is a big bose fan?
I've no practical experience of the Bose system other than a very brief listen (not soundbar) some time back.
In my very limited comparrison I prefered the Sonos sound but that's more likely a personal thing rather than an objective opinion.

If your wife already has some brand loyalty with Bose I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to go against that if deciding between the two!

I was thinking the same, only thing putting me off the bose is the sub costs, does anyone have experience of the bose 300 and no sub?

The Beam is fine for me in general use without a sub so if the Bose does end up needing one from your findings that could be a deciding factor!

It's plenty loud enough for me, I wouldn't say it's a replacement for a separates system though if that's what you're hoping to achieve.

I've just gone with a Sonos Arc which sounds great but is probably too long and over the price limit. However the Sonos Beam might be worth a listen. Also worth checking out the Dali Kubik One which is currently £499 @ Richer Sounds.
second that the Kubik one performs like high quality seperates and offers great dynamics and clarity, i sourced a separate sub and frankly it sound stunning, no wizz bang effects all the money has been spent creating just the best sound you will get for that kind of money.

Thank you initially the kubic is a little too large but I have just rearranged my room me if the wife agrees I can fit a longer sound at as it will sit under the tv, max size is now 1 metre in length , with this in mind would the above still stand?

Thank you initially the kubic is a little too large but I have just rearranged my room me if the wife agrees I can fit a longer sound at as it will sit under the tv, max size is now 1 metre in length , with this in mind would the above still stand?
The Kubik is fine width wise but check the height as it is a bit taller than a lot of soundbars

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom