Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Small surround speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jasonlgriffin, Jun 12, 2002.

1. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like small ish speakers and have found the following deals (?) on various web sites (mostly Richer Sounds) - any comments? I am changing over from the built in surround on the Toshiba 32ZP18 TV I am exchanging so my expectations are fairly low but I'd like a reasonable quality, value for money setup (am also looking for an AV receiver recommendation - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38820)

Teac LS5.1U @ £150 (Is this the same as LS350?)
    Teac LS350 @ £240
    Yamaha NSP220 @ £150
    Eltax Cinema 5.1 @ £200

2. garmtz

garmtz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    From the ones you have posted, I think the Eltax would be the best choice. Maybe you also should include JBL in your choice, but there are many, many others.

3. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you haven't bought your amp yet you could go for a Videologic Digitheatre DTS which will do you decoding and amplifing has 5 small speakers and sub. It's allways had good reviews most people who have one can't stop raving on about them. They cost between £320 to £400. Or the new acoustic energy aego p5. It's along the same lines as the Digi DTS looks good has rave reviews. Cost around £600.

These systems don't tend to go down to well on these forums but as an all in one solution they can be a good start.

If you want AV receiver recommendation go for the Marantz SR5200 if you can, as for the money they are outstanding with movies and music. They also do 6.1 decoding of DD EX and DTS ES sound tracks. I have one of these and i'm so pleased with it if the was a big enough hole in it I'd F*!K it. Sorry.

You could go for the SR4200 if you can't spare the extra cash as this is also superb.

I can't really say about the speakers as I don't really know anything about them. The yamaha NSP220 are packaged with some yamaha AV receivers as HITB packages. Some of these get good reviews.

what ever you decide it should be better than what you have now. No offence intended.

If you can you should try to get a demo before you buy anything don't just depend on reviews.

Good Luck

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Kevb
    The Videologic is a really great starter system, I have just upgraded my system,
    but for the money I would think the Digitheatre is just about unbeatable.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the videologic speaker system on my comp here it certainly has the woof woof power. :D