Small Surround Speakers - on a budget

M

martynh

I'm looking to buy some smaller speakers for my surround sound system (I currently have a Yamaha 630 receiver and plan to buy a Pioneer DV565A dvd player).

I've got about £300 to spend and was considering the Mordaunt Short Premiere speakers, anyone tried them? Anyone have any other recommendations around that price?

Any info/opinions appreciated!

Martyn

I have the Premiere set and am very pleased. There is also a set called Premiere Plus which has a better sub-woofer.

Originally posted by StevieDvd
I have the Premiere set and am very pleased. There is also a set called Premiere Plus which has a better sub-woofer.

Are these reasonable for music as well as AV duties? Thinking of paring them with either a Sony 790 or the Denon avr1804.

I don't really use them other than for tv/movies but on the odd occasion I've played a CD they sound fine.

From what I've read the sub is the main consideration but for my purposes the set does me proud. I got my set from Ebay but Petertyson were doing a good deal on the premier & premiere plus.

You can pick up the Tannoy FX5.1 for about £180 now. I think they're a great set of little speakers, especially for the money.

the Tannoy doesn't have a crossover adjustment on the sub and it bleeds some lower midrange which spoils the sound. also the Tannoy sub isn't spiked which also reduces sq. MS Premiere Plus is thebest sounding sub/sat package imo for under £800 no questions!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom