Small sub recommendations for films

Mr Wolf

The seller's simply complying with the law. Under the distance selling regulations you can return anything bought online (from businesses) within 14 days. This requirement is strictly enforced by eBay on all business sellers.

Shame about the SB-3000s as I expect the 3000 Micros will be a significant step down in performance despite only being about 3-4 inches less in each dimension. At the end of the day they're still a speaker in a small box. Maybe you'd be better off going for larger down-firing subs that you can hide in plain sight by disguising them as furniture.

Adam M

Difference is with the micro I can have 4 and easily hide them.

the seller is based in Germany, distance selling doesn’t apply to him.

also distance setting doesn’t usually allow you to try the products.

Adam M

As I said above, on the plus side, I can get four of these and make them completely invisible.

RatJones

Having run a 3000Micro as a test over their launch weekend, they are a kickin' sub. Dont let the size fool you.

A pair of them would at least match the SB2000-Pro if not edge ahead marginally.

UK Warehouse stock is low at the moment, so make sure they are available before ordering.

Depending on finish, SB3000 are widely available.

How do you think one would compare to a Rel T9i? if you've tried..

I'm having a similar WAF issue like Adam and need a smaller sub

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
How do you think one would compare to a Rel T9i? if you've tried..

I'm having a similar WAF issue like Adam and need a smaller sub

If you didn´t notice yet:

RatJones

If you didn´t notice yet:

Explains why they discounted the old range.

In case you're wondering the SB4000 had to go back, she doesn't even want a 3000. I now need a small sub that's a max of 34cm wide to go next to the sofa in the rear corner! I'm going to start a separate thread soon on this soon

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Explains why they discounted the old range.

In case you're wondering the SB4000 had to go back, she doesn't even want a 3000. I now need a small sub that's a max of 34cm wide to go next to the sofa in the rear corner! I'm going to start a separate thread soon on this soon

Sad to hear that mate. What about SB1000 Pro? I think that was around 33-34cm and comes with nice finish. T9i costs more and has quite poor extension, dropping steeply below 30hz as you can from the T9x video review.

Adam M

Don’t start a new thread on my account. Seems you have the same requirements as me so feel free.

RatJones

Sorry Adam, I just saw your reply and but have created another thread before, below for info. Lets the games begin we can use both threads! mine is specific to 3 subs.....

Another 'which small subwoofer' thread

@Gasp3621 - come on buddy help me out in the above link.

All. I will say is, we are probably living in a good time for small subs that pack a punch as 10 year ago it was almost non existent!

fatboy frank

Distinguished Member
Sorry Adam, I just saw your reply and but have created another thread before, below for info. Lets the games begin we can use both threads! mine is specific to 3 subs.....

Another 'which small subwoofer' thread

@Gasp3621 - come on buddy help me out in the above link.

All. I will say is, we are probably living in a good time for small subs that pack a punch as 10 year ago it was almost non existent!
Although i appreciate your requirements and the constraints under which you are working with in regards to a subwoofer, i personally think you'll really struggle to get something that will add quality bass to your very capable main speakers.

Unfortunately there is no getting away from physics and the physical size .........unless you go for multiple small subs, which i don't know if it's a possibility?

A single sub in the wrong position will be very difficult to integrate and is much more likely to detract from the bass/underpinning experience, however, multiple subs will allow more flexibility and have the potential to enhance the experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom