Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Small stylish power amp, new or used?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by mark88, Nov 17, 2004.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Looking for a sexy power amp for a small room, I really like the Musical Fidelity X series in terms of looks but I'd prefer them to be bi-wireable.

Any know of anything that fits the bill, either new or used? only using it for stereo. Balanced inputs would be a bonus but I doubt I'll get them. Looking to spend ~£500/600

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark,

I would recommend a new Cyrus 6vs amp very capable amp and also very small in size approx £600, I have just bought the 8vs and it sounds superb and you could also get it upgraded to the 8vs later on if you so wish.

BTW:they are also Bi Wireable

John

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Mark,
    Second hand Linn LK 85 or LK 140. Nice and small and capable. Could also look at the quad 99 Power amp.

4. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the Flying Moles as available in the Powerbuys, they're tiny although aesthetically neutral I'd say. Very interested in these myself but potless at the mo.

5. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Parasound A23 (has balanced inputs) or that Aaron amp that some people were raving about in here a few months back, both look very nice in silver and are fairly small.