Small stops between the chapters in dvd-r produced by toshiba rd xs32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rmir, Mar 20, 2005.

1. rmir

rmir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a small stop between the chapter when i recorded by toshiba. What is this?

2. sbheaven

sbheaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An issue similar to this has been reported in some of the other threads for the XS32. The stops (or in reality pauses) have been seen between chapters after edits have been made in a recorded programme (for example ads are cut out). It just seems to be the way the XS32 does it. But to emphasise it is a slight pause that is noticed not a stop.

3. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Yes, this has been discussed before. And it annoys the heck out of me (the pause, not the posting).

For years I made music video compilations on VHS and could edit them brilliantly / seamlessly (just by using the pause button).

Now, with my Tosh the pauses between tracks are a major distraction.

Still, I can't help but love the machine anyway.

4. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, don't get so upset.

AFAIK this is common to all (or almost) DVD recorders when you high speed dub to DVD-R. With my pioneer recorder it is the same. I think panasonic also. Sony also ... and so on.

If you do a real time copy I think there will be no pauses between edited points.

HTH

5. Monét

Monét

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, on Sony when you dubbing on real time speed pauses are still noticeable, but they are a little smaller. At high speed dubbing, they are much bigger than pauses made on Tosh. However, I don't know is it possibile to make dubbing on Tosh at the real time.
    It seems this issue are common of all HDD/DVD units.

6. MikeNolan

MikeNolan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have the same problem on my Panny. I have even tried combining the chapters, but the pauses are still there. I haven't tried "real time recording" so I'll give that a go. But it is annoying because I collect musicals, and have inserted chapters just before the songs start, and there are these annoying freeze frames everywhere. It seems a bit like commercially produced items when there is a layer change. I'll let you know real time results.