Small stereo amplifier recommendation

Paul.T

Standard Member
Hi. Does anyone have any recommendations for a small stereo amplifier to drive a pair of HTS2001 keff egg speakers.

The only input will be from a macmini and I'm looking for an amp of a similar size as it needs to be something relatively discrete to fit into a study.

I'm wondering whether something like a Pro-ject amp box might be suitable.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Mr Pig

My son runs an old Mission Cyrus One with a separate DAC and the results are very good. Although maybe a bit more expensive you've got a real Hi-Fi amp with great sound and a lot of flexibility. There were a few small amps made, like the Naim Nait one and two, but the Cyrus one and two probably represent the best sound-per-pound option typically costing around £50

CJROSS

Do a search on the net for Mini-T 2020 Class T 20W amps off Ebay, £60 you get a warranty, UK stock, Chinese made, stunning little amp for the money - I'd easily run this on my Diapason Emeras - ie you need an easy load sensitive speaker for this 8ohm nominal I'd suggest, as good as many sub £500 amps I have heard. Search Google for reviews:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Mini-T-T-Amp-Aud..._HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item27b645b25c

Last edited:

8ace

Attachments

• DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 969
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom