Small Speakers - Big Amp.

Oasis-GasPanic

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking to replace my rear speakers with something smaller than my current (bookshelf) Wharfedale Diamond 6R's(haven't got enough room for them). I know the 6R's are relativly small but I was looking at maybe getting a 5.1 set of Mission FS2's, 'doubling' 4 up as L&R rears and putting the remaining panel at the rear of the room for 6.1 discs. So I was just hoping if anyone could tell me if this was the best thing to do, or is there some other relativly small satalite speakers out there which could handle my amp and sound pretty good (tonally) with my front 3 speakers??

Cheers,

I'm pretty sure the FS2 sats need to be run via the FS2 sub unit.

Hi FazerThou, They do need the sub which isn't a problem because I normally set all my speakers to go down to 50Hz (in amp setup), so the sub will take care of everything that goes down to that frequency.

Cheers,

on the FS2's the crossover is built into the sub as the crossover frequency is very high. It comes with a lead that connects all the speaker outputs from the amp to the sub and you wire the speakers from the sub not the amp. Someone with an FS2 setup should be able to confirm this.

I'm aware of the crossover being in the sub, but was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be ok to plug the FS2's 'umbilical' cable into the L+R rear & centre rear outputs on my AX10 amp and just use those 3 outputs on the FS2 sub/amp. (and also would they be a good match?)

Cheers,

Yep you could just use whichever inputs on the mission sub amp, don't know how they would match with your other speakers though, sorry.

If you could set the crossover frequency on your amp just for the rears and stop the bass going to the missions you could wire them straight off your amp rather than have them running off the mission sub.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom