small speaker sockets for euromod


Novice Member

I have a Sony HT-IS100 5.1 ch Home Theatre system installed. The cables for the 4 surround speakers come out of the wall through a single-gang euromod face plate. That is, there is space for just two euromod modules. The cables are not long enough so I can't just use a brush plate and have them come through straight into the unit.

There are plenty of options for euromod modules with two connectors (red/black), but I don't have space for 4 modules. Does anyone know of a connector type that will allow for 4 speaker pairs in two euromod modules?

I wondered about a using 2-conductor (TS) jack for each speaker. Would that work? Is it lame? :D



Distinguished Member
I think you might be after something that doesn’t exist. Your jack idea should work, as long as there’s enough room inside to fit the cables. I think there are 2 other options. 1, a brush plate and terminate each cable with its own socket (need to stop them touching each other somehow if the outer is metal) which you can then connect the wall-to-amp cables to, or 2 get your chisel out and swap the single sized back box for a double then you have plenty of options.

I’d go for that last one.
Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom