Small speaker / Gallo Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by marty123, Mar 8, 2006.

1. marty123

marty123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I really am having sleepless nights over this so any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

I have finally decided on Gallo speakers for my new cinema room, but I am now in a quandry as to what to buy - I really want to spend £1000 all in - including stands, but how should i spend it??

For £1000 I can get 6 Micro ti's and wall mounts (and wait for a sub later in the year) or I can get 5 normal Micro's and a TR1 sub and wall mounts!!!!

But which one???

2. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    they dont go very deep so you will need a sub

if i were you id go second hand as they need alot of running in anyway before you hear the best of them

i sold my gallos last week on these forums (only cz they are now the wrong colour) for £475 for 5 micros in stainless steel plus 2 wall mounts

im also soon selling my gallo mps 150 sub which will be around £200 so in total 675 for gallo 5.1

now to me that makes alot more sense than spending over £1k and not even having a sub!

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You can't use the little Gallo speakers without a sub as they are only satellites so need the sub to reproduce the lower mid bass.

4. marty123

marty123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah thats ok though, because i am trying to spread the cost of these -so when i buy the amp i can buy a good sub too!

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,520
    Hello marty123

Keep in mind the system hierarchy is always Source > Processing > Amplification > Replay.

Don't overspend on the Loudspeakers and then leave your system short on the Source and AV Receiver budget.

The Micro/TR-1 5.1 system (UK SRP £850.00) with decent Source and Amplification is excellent value - I'd put the additional £250.00 towards ensuring you get the best AV Receiver your budget wall stretch to.

Best regards

Joe