Question Small soundbase under £300

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by dean_brfc, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dean_brfc

dean_brfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Due to redecorating, I'm replacing my current hifi/bookshelf speaker setup to make more room and getting a decent soundbase instead. I've got a narrow Victorian terraced living room with speakers either side of the chimney breast at the moment, but that's not going to work in the new design. Music playback is therefore one of the most important things I'm looking for (although I know it'll never match up up to the current system, but I don't listen as often as I did a few years ago).

I had been all set to get the Q Acoustics M4, until I decided to check the dimensions following many comments about the size. It's WAY too big in all directions (I have a 40" TV), so I went back to doing research and decided a soundbase is probably better suited since I won't really have room for a sub either.

One drawback is that I can't have anything >700m in width, which rules out a fair few. I seem to have narrowed it down to the Cambridge TV2 V2 at £199.99 and the Canton DM55 at £249.99, leaning towards the TV2 at the moment because I've read about reliability issues with the DM55.

Is there anything else I should consider? The dimensions seem to be my biggest limiting factor and I've not found anywhere that lets me search on the dimensions, so finding something to suit my needs has been tricky! As mentioned in the title, happy to go up to £300. Ideally I'd like something nearer 700m in width, both the TV2 and DM55 come in around 550mm.

Edit: After further thought, I could get a bigger media to sit everything on, allowing me up to about 800mm width...which then allows me to go up to Canton DM75 and Cambridge TV5 V2 at £299.99. Is this worth doing? Bearing in mind I have a fairly small living room.

Sorry for all the questions! :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. ben123d

ben123d
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0