• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Small smart tv

scott0904

Standard Member
Hi guys,

On the lookout for a small TV for my sons room. It has to be under 30 inch, It has to have wifi and built in freeview. As you can tell I don't know what's what really.

He links his Nintendo switch up to it and watches YouTube/Netflix etc on our other tvs.

I've came across this one but it's not 1080p but it does what I want.....I think. I have a jvc 4k version I bought from curries that it's quite similer to that I have in the kitchen and he knows his way round that.

Most importantly is there a way to use wireless Bluetooth headphones with it.

Anyway here's a link - what's your thoughts
JVC LT-24C681 24" Smart LED TV - White

Cheers

Dodgexander

It has to have wifi and built in freeview. As you can tell I don't know what's what really.
Every smart TV has this now, no need to look only for models that advertise Freeview play.

To use bluetooth on a TV without integrated bluetooth (like the JVC you linked) you'd have to buy a bluetooth transmitter separately.

Generally it adds some delay to the sound which can be distracting depending how sensitive he is to it, its better instead to use wired headphones.

My thoughts or recommendations are limited at small sizes like this just because there is next to no info available on TVs this small now. Each year manufacturers release new ranges of TVs but I haven't seen one of the big manufacturers release a TV smaller than 32" for a few years now.

From past threads on here people have been satisfied with this Samsung models at 24" but generally all TVs at this price aren't going to be fantastic so it would just be a matter of finding the best deal. I'd be a bit wary of JVC since they are Vestel produced TVs, that aren't made by JVC anymore but maybe you are happy with your existing model?

scott0904

Standard Member
Some good advice there I'm not too fussed to be honest, I like the jvc it's simple to use. I would never have known it wasn't made by jvc.

LT-40C860 is the model.

I can't open the Samsung link.

Thanks

Dodgexander

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom