Small Satellites for Rear surrounds and Atmos ceiling speakers

DhGuy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a cheap set of used satellite speakers to be installed as the rear surrounds and overhead atmos speakers. Since my system is used 70% for music, and the space is at a premium, I prefer small satellites. Currently the duty is fulfilled by my old Bose Acoustimass 6 system(which has a passive subwoofer), where I notice it lacks that extra bit of bite due to the absence of tweeters. The room is about 7 feet wide, where bookshelf speakers are a no go for me. Setting a high crossover point is not a problem, as I plan to connect them through the Acoustimass module(it can handle speakers of 4-8 ohms and I have been using it with other speakers without an issue). I have listed out some options and plan to purchase them through ebay. Most of them are unavailable for a demo in our country. My budget is around $50-60 per pair.
-Boston Acoustics Soundware XS SE - Best size and looks, well received, for a lesser price other options can be had with a slightly bigger mid drivers and better tweeters
-Tannoy SFX - Heard good things about it, but the horrible and cheap looking design keeps me away, falls well within the budget
-Tannoy TFX - This seems to be a good option, but haven't heard much
-Jamo ACS 102 - Similar to Boston and can be had for a lower price. Coaxial drivers are only available on front channels, so finding a one is hard
Please enlighten me about your opinions or suggest some other good options, as I am unable to get a demo of each one.
Thanks!!
P.s - My receiver is a Yamaha RX-A1080, Front - Monitor Audio Bronze 2, Center - Monitor Audio MASS, Sub - Anthony Gallo TR1, ( will go for MASS satellites later, untill then I'm searching for a cheaper alternative)

Add the Cambridge Audio Minx satellites to your list - current models are Minx 12 (single driver) and Minx 22 (dual drivers). I purchased a quartet of Minx 21s off the 'tree a couple of months ago with a view to using in an Atmos configuration. When I eventually get round to installing them I'll post some results.

Add the Cambridge Audio Minx satellites to your list - current models are Minx 12 (single driver) and Minx 22 (dual drivers). I purchased a quartet of Minx 21s off the 'tree a couple of months ago with a view to using in an Atmos configuration. When I eventually get round to installing them I'll post some results.
Thanks for your reply, but obviously they are out of my budget. Each of them might cost around 70-80 each

I have a set of canton movie 75's the sats have wallounts and are a tad smaller than bose.
I could always drop an add on classifieds with pics if they are of interest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom