Small room with about 6 foot viewing distance

Millertime9

i bought a 40v3000 recently and am having issues with the PQ which im pretty sure are viewing distance related. i just dont get a WOW factor from it any more than i got from my old 720p 26" samsung, which is criminal!!

is this just because im so close to such a big screen im seeing imperfections?

would a 32" telly suit better and i can just give this one to my mum as a birthday gift?

guess what im asking is whats the best quality 32" and can you get 1080p and 24fps on these?

thanks guys

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Ahh 6feet is a little close for a 40"(depends on the use though).If you want a 32" then the new Sony KDL-32W4000 has all those

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Ahh 6feet is a little close for a 40"(depends on the use though).If you want a 32" then the new Sony KDL-32W4000 has all those

I'd agree with that with SD, but HD ought to be fine.
Now this isn't a plasma/LCD bitch thing, but I can't see any imperfections at 6ft with BBCHD on my Panny 50pz70, I've just had a look.
Then again, I don't suppose my eyes are what they used to be :(

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah thats exactly what I mean.For SD you will see all the artifacts,but as you said for HD os great

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I missed a line out in my post.
I meant to say, I agree, it's all about the use.
Dropping from a 40 to a 32 seems a bit steep though.
Can you not get a 37 LCD?

can just give this one to my mum as a birthday gift?

Good lad :smashin:

catch'em1

I missed a line out in my post.
I meant to say, I agree, it's all about the use.
Dropping from a 40 to a 32 seems a bit steep though.
Can you not get a 37 LCD?

can just give this one to my mum as a birthday gift?

Good lad :smashin:

Or you could get a 37 inch Plasma. I have heard the Panasonic plasma's are really good.:thumbsup:

Millertime9

see, ive been messing about with the settings and seem to have SD ok now, well, for scrubs anyway!

the xbox 360 pic is whats really getting my mountain goat just now though

the settings i have for the telly are fine, but not the 360 as theyre too dark and unfortunately, "vivid" is just too, well, that...vivid!! and you cant change their advanced settings in that! boo

the thing is, im in a box room and the 40" is almost the size of the wall its against, when watching films on it my eyes hurt a wee bit and i dont know if thats just psychological or if a 40" screen really is too much for my eyes to take in from 6 feet?

hey, I sit approx 6ft away from my 32" and I have to say, I would like a bigger TV. I chose my 32" back at xmas because I thought the other 37" or 40"s were either too expensive, unreliable or didn't have required specs. This year could be slightly better.

Philips does a very good 32" which is what I have now.

If I were you, I wouldnt change unless you watch SD all the time. You also didn't clarify as to how you were not "wowed", surely it would not be down to size. I'm sure 1080p at 6ft would look just fine on a 40".

In fact I'd be willing to bet that after you've downsized to a 32", you will miss the size. I certainly do after returning my inital faulty 37".

Millertime9

hiya

dunno the wow factor just wasnt there for me with the hd, it wasnt as if it was jumping off the screen with me but think thats just because ive got it dulled down as i think the general picture looks better that way!

Millertime9

ok, so from a health point of view it wont do my eyes any bad whatsoever from this distance?

just ask because after watching stardust my eyes were a bit sore and dry!?!?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
ok, so from a health point of view it wont do my eyes any bad whatsoever from this distance?

just ask because after watching stardust my eyes were a bit sore and dry!?!?

I think you wont have any problem unless your eyes are a bit sensitive

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom