Question Small Room Setup

• Thread starter Deleted member 704352
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 704352

Long story short, I talked my wife into turning a part of the basement into a home theater. I have a few questions about room size limitations. The room is 11' by 13' (screen on 13' wall). I looked into CIH, but I think my room width limits the size too much. I'm planning on 100' 16x9 screen which gives me 3 feet on both sides.

My couch will be against the back wall, is it OK to put surround speakers at ceiling height? I'm afraid too low would be in the outside chairs ears.

Has anyone sat 10' away from 100' screen? It sounds like that's the absolute min distance recommended.

Having surrounds up towards the ceiling is not ideal. Given your room layout I would be looking at bipole/dipole speakers mounted on the rear wall. These give a more diffused sound in the limited space you have and hence a better surround sound experience. You could also place them lower on the wall (about 30cm above head height when seated).

Shallow False wall, + acoustically transparent screen and you could have CIH plus good positioning for your Front LCR.

As PSM1 says use diffuse speakers rather than direct radiating.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom