1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small problem with new Panasonic TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ixon, Jul 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've just bought a new 28" Widescreen the Panasonic TX28PL1. Overall Im happy with the picture apart from a slight dark patch which can only been seen in a moving picture ie on grass such as football or cricket, allso there is a very faint brown staining in the bottom right hand corner which can only be seen on a bright picture. Is this a problem with Panasonic TV's and I should live with it or should I phone the manafacture's up and ask them to replace it with another set and would they do so even if I havent kept the box due to space.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ixon,
    Contact the dealer who sold it to you, arrange for an engineer to call, he will use his de-gausser and solve your problem. :)

3. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanxs

4. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok engineer came round today having been waiting over a week for him to come. He had a look at my set and tried to say there was nothing wrong with it at first, till I showed him the staining using a film with a white background so he went about degaussing it no luck the stain is still there. Then the cheeky get said it's not really a problem is a way all Panasonic Quintrix F Tubes are made and I will just have to put up with it. Well having just shelled out £568 for this set I think that I should'nt have to put up with it. The only problem is where do I stand on this matter because I did'nt keep the box due to lack of space and would the place where I bought it from accept the TV back without the box and exchange it for another one if im not happy with it.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ixon

Read my reply to the thread 'Advice on Toshiba 32Z17B' where I have highlighted your rights after purchasing faulty goods. It doesn't matter if you have not got the box or not! You are well within your rights to return the item for a refund or replacement, and no the TV shouldn't have dirty patches on it!

It looks as though these service agents employ monkeys for engineers!

Regards

AJ

6. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    AJ is right.

As I've said in other posts, you don't have to have the TV repaired, you are entitled to a full refund. If the place of purchase gives you any grief, just say you reserve the right to a full refund under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. If they don't 'play ball', pay a visit to your local Trading Standards office and have a chat to them.

lentini

7. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just been intouch with the place where I bought my TV from and told them that the problem with my TV is still there and can I swap it for another one, no problem they said we will send another one out to you and pick the other set up. What I find very intresting is how very helpful they were over phone. I wonder if it something to do with the fact that I work for the Company that sold me the TV and that I have a Staff Sales Account with them I wonder if they would have the same helpful attitude if I did'nt work for them. Hopefully this TV I get should'nt have any problems fingers crossed.