Small Prob With Cam. Raw PS

Optio

Hi Guys

Im only new to this so be gentle :).

Messing with Photoshop and in particular I'm doing some PP in Camera Raw Which is not a prob tbh but just today after opening some raw NEF files ive started getting some blue areas, it looks like some kind of selection or something and ive no idea how to get rid of it. Once processed the blue areas vanish and if i open the files in Capture NX this blue area is not there.

Can anyone enlighten me to what ive done its on all NEF files i open but like i say once processed it vanishes.

Kind Regards

Edit:
Just noticed if i adjust the Fill Light option (increase it) this blue area vanishes also.

Edit:

Ignore me ive sorted it thread can be gone sorry

Last edited:

OrbitalPete

So it's only displaying on the screen while you're working on it?

Were the files particularly large compared to what you usually work with, did you have a particularly large number of them op[en, or were you running any other tasks in the background (eg installing new software, updating antivirus etc)?

Basically it sounds like your system was running a bit short on memory. When that happens screen artifcats like that can occur.

Alternatively, if it keeps happening you may want to try updating your graphics card drivers.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi Guys

Im only new to this so be gentle :).

Messing with Photoshop and in particular I'm doing some PP in Camera Raw Which is not a prob tbh but just today after opening some raw NEF files ive started getting some blue areas, it looks like some kind of selection or something and ive no idea how to get rid of it. Once processed the blue areas vanish and if i open the files in Capture NX this blue area is not there.

Can anyone enlighten me to what ive done its on all NEF files i open but like i say once processed it vanishes.

Kind Regards

Edit:
Just noticed if i adjust the Fill Light option (increase it) this blue area vanishes also.

Edit:

Ignore me ive sorted it thread can be gone sorry

Just for info, pretty sure the OP had enabled the clipping warning option.

Optio

Yes that was the problem sorry for the hassle and sorry for the delay to confirm your suspicions, and thanks for the quick replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom