1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small plasma or large LCD??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Dak, Jan 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I want to get a flat widescreen to replace the 29" Sony (non widescreen) and want something about 22-28".

Can anyone recommend a plasma this size (I have searched and cannot find one) or is anyone living with a big LCD and willing to share if it is nice to have about the place......

(I know this is small but I am about to invest in a PJ for movie watching so just want a small thing for the corner).

Thanks
    Dak

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've been looking at LCD because of a similiar issue, the smallest plasma is 32".

Sharp, Panasonic, Phillips and Samsung seem to do the best. Sharps 22 28 and 30 inchers are beatiful. I've not seen a Philips in windscreen format, and Samsung seem to have a pretty bad rep with retailers which is a shame as their screens are outstanding.

Neil.

3. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    I've been considering the Hitachi 32" plasma (about £2500) or a large LCD. For me the picture quality for LCD is much poorer than plasma. Analogue TV seems almost unwatchable on the LCDs that I have seen. LCDs may not look too bad when you see tham by themselves but when you see them next to a plasma they do seem pretty poor.

4. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    "windscreen format"...are they the type of widescreen television owned by Peter Big Belly and his dear wife Mary Fat Ar ? :D