Small monitors, recommendations?

B

Bibby

Hi folks,

I'm looking to replace all my A/V kit for a pair of decent small monitors, specifically for listening and not just hearing. I've neglected my cd collection for too long!

Components are a Roksan Kandy amplifier and a Teac VRDS7 cd player. The room is average bedroom size... converted into my compter room, and now a listening room too!

I'm just using the Kef Q85s at the moment as the Q55's are far too big for this room, and too short come to think of it.

I guess I'll have to replace the stands that the Q85s are on as they're really only surround stands, but the height is about right.

I listen to all sorts of music, ranging from Biosphere to the Ramones, to acid house and classical.

I have enjoyed the Q55s although they paled into insignificance when I tried some Morel Prelude transmission lines... they were lovely! No such room (or budget) for those here though.

Budget, yes... not really sure! I don't want to break the bank and I'm not averse to buying second hand.

Cheers. :)

B

Bibby

Hmm, won't let me post a picture of the listening room. Apparently the word forum and pics joined together is too rude and requires asterisks to blank it out?

B

Bibby

Jesus wept, closed my for sale thread already?

Hmm, smells of OcUK, goodbye fine people, please close this thread too, I'm not hanging around. :D

Knyght_byte

huh?

Top Bottom