1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small monitors, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bibby, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Bibby

Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to replace all my A/V kit for a pair of decent small monitors, specifically for listening and not just hearing. I've neglected my cd collection for too long!

Components are a Roksan Kandy amplifier and a Teac VRDS7 cd player. The room is average bedroom size... converted into my compter room, and now a listening room too!

I'm just using the Kef Q85s at the moment as the Q55's are far too big for this room, and too short come to think of it.

I guess I'll have to replace the stands that the Q85s are on as they're really only surround stands, but the height is about right.

I listen to all sorts of music, ranging from Biosphere to the Ramones, to acid house and classical.

I have enjoyed the Q55s although they paled into insignificance when I tried some Morel Prelude transmission lines... they were lovely! No such room (or budget) for those here though.

Budget, yes... not really sure! I don't want to break the bank and I'm not averse to buying second hand.

Cheers. :)

2. Bibby

Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, won't let me post a picture of the listening room. Apparently the word forum and pics joined together is too rude and requires asterisks to blank it out?

3. Bibby

Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jesus wept, closed my for sale thread already?

Hmm, smells of OcUK, goodbye fine people, please close this thread too, I'm not hanging around. :D

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    huh?