Small/Midsized Sub Recommendation

Kirkk

Yes another recommend me post but I could trawl through threads and still not find what I'm looking for so please be nice 😆

So the setup, Q Acoustics 3010 and 3090C. I need a nice small to mid sized sub for a medium sized room which will compliment the speakers for films and the odd bit of gaming.

Not looking to break the bank and happy to go second hand as well. Budget 350 ish.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Singh

Second hand SVS SB1000 should do the trick. Should be able to pick one up for £300 or less.

You can perhaps PM Tom @ Cinehome to check if this is still available

Kirkk

Well I did unfortunately miss out on that. Shame but it is what it is.

Been offered an REL R205. Now I've no experience with those subs. I'm used to plug and play with a sub cable and away we go and what I don't want is an over powering sub

Thoughts?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Well I did unfortunately miss out on that. Shame but it is what it is.

Been offered an REL R205. Now I've no experience with those subs. I'm used to plug and play with a sub cable and away we go and what I don't want is an over powering sub

Thoughts?

I wouldn´t buy used sub, too risky without amp warranty. Wait few weeks until BK opens up again and buy either the P12 or XLS200. Neither won`t overpower your system as you are in control how loud it plays. The larger one (P12) will offer you more weight/depth which can make your system sound better so no reason to go small unless you are struggling with space. P12 has been forum favourite for years, not the smallest but good looking and gets you smiling for sure as you haven´t had a quality sub before. Few pictures to show the size, the last one is XXLS400 but has same FF cabinet as P12.

20201113_175451-jpg.1405087

NwgrfTmQ.jpg

33acb6b0-1bbc-4690-806d-6f10b4726985-jpeg.1367582

Kirkk

I wouldn´t buy used sub, too risky without amp warranty. Wait few weeks until BK opens up again and buy either the P12 or XLS200. Neither won`t overpower your system as you are in control how loud it plays. The larger one (P12) will offer you more weight/depth which can make your system sound better so no reason to go small unless you are struggling with space. P12 has been forum favourite for years, not the smallest but good looking and gets you smiling for sure as you haven´t had a quality sub before. Few pictures to show the size, the last one is XXLS400 but has same FF cabinet as P12.

I'm starting to think this maybe a better idea now. BK are highly rated and I doubt I'll ever be left needing more any time soon in terms of bass. The only potential problem maybe placement but I'm sure I can figure that out.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom