1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small mid power stereo amp needed

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by m455954, Jul 28, 2005.

1. m455954

m455954

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Here's my issue.
    I have a Denon AVC-A1SE in my main HT which has Multi-Zone capability.

I've run a long stereo phono lead to my back room and have an old HT amp (Denon AVR3200) driving the speakers in there.

I also have a set of outdoor speakers for the back garden which are driven from the same signal by an even older Pioneer integrated Hi-Fi amp.

I'm looking to minimise the amount of space that is taken up with this setup (two large boxes with loads of different inputs and AV processing are not necessary to drive 2 seperate stereo pairs!)

So I'm looking for a small living room friendly power amp with a volume control which could take the Phono input and drive a pair of speakers. It doesn't need to be particularly powerful (~50W/channel).

I could then use two of them, one for the back room and the other for the garden. Or alternatively a 4 channel amp would do as long as I could independantly control the volume to both stereo pairs.

I've been searching but all I can find are ridiculously expensive, bulky and powerful power amps, or amps built into AV kit which I don't need.

Anyone got any suggestions as to other options?

Thanks,

Mark.

2. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    something like an old Rotel rb966 will do the job.
    6x60watts, with 3 front panel attenuators (1 per pair of channels)
    Somewhere between 3 and 400 quid i would of thought.