Small living room - first time HT 5.2.4 setup

No I got these from Amazon:

deleyCON 4x Universal Speaker Wall Mounts Loudspeaker Wall Mountings Tilt + Swivel up to 10 Kg Load Weight Ceiling Mounting + Wall Fitting - Black https://amzn.eu/d/i5gXLya

Comes with everything in the kit you'll need 👍🏼
Thanks a lot!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks a lot!
You're welcome!

If you need help/tips in using them. Just PM me....

I'll do my best to help, although my carpenter mounted my C1's (I just told him where I wanted them)!

@Jester1066 Question... how come you have your C1s on swivel brackets? I thought they were wide dispersion, so they should be mounted flat against the wall? Or did you get better results angling them in towards your listening position for your room?

I've fitted mine the same distance apart as my floorstanders, but high on the wall. The front-stage setup doesn't conform quite to the recommended equal triangle from listening position/left-to-right, because I didn't want the left floorstander so close to the door. I hope I've got the positions fairly right to be worthwhile nonetheless!

@Jester1066 Question... how come you have your C1s on swivel brackets? I thought they were wide dispersion, so they should be mounted flat against the wall? Or did you get better results angling them in towards your listening position for your room?
Yep pretty much for what you say in your last sentence. They also look better (visually) pointing towards my MLP imo.

I've fitted mine the same distance apart as my floorstanders, but high on the wall. The front-stage setup doesn't conform quite to the recommended equal triangle from listening position/left-to-right, because I didn't want the left floorstander so close to the door. I hope I've got the positions fairly right to be worthwhile nonetheless!

Without seeing an actual picture showing speaker placement, it's hard to say tbh. Although Audessey isn't too shabby when it comes to leveling out sound (where speakers are not ideally placed). I'm sure it'll be fine.

Without seeing an actual picture showing speaker placement, it's hard to say tbh. Although Audessey isn't too shabby when it comes to leveling out sound (where speakers are not ideally placed). I'm sure it'll be fine.

Here's an up-to-date pic, complete with me in the TV reflection 😂
Excuse the mess, I'm having a bit of a re-organising session!

As you can see, I've placed the C1s the same distance apart as the Oberon 5s. The Oberons are about 2m apart from each other, and I'm sat almost 3m back.

IMG_2970.jpg

C1's are placed ideally imo 👍🏼....

However before you run Audyssey, pull your centre speaker foward, so the front edge is just proud of the edge of the TV cabinet.

C1's are placed ideally imo 👍🏼....

However before you run Audyssey, pull your centre speaker foward, so the front edge is just proud of the edge of the TV cabinet.
Ideal! I actually re-measured the distances and turns out I am pretty much in an exact triangle formation by accident, so that's cool.

Will do regarding the centre speaker. Currently it's right up to the front, but if you think it should be proud then that's what I'll do.

Will do regarding the centre speaker. Currently it's right up to the front, but if you think it should be proud then that's what I'll do.
It only needs to be a few mm proud...

Don't want to risk it falling off altogether 😂

Currently it's right up to the front, but if you think it should be proud then that's what I'll do.
I have mine sitting proud by 25mm. I think I can see the edge of rug in front of the cabinet that is going to help with reflections as well.

The word that springs to mind as I looked at your room pictures was 'Proportion'. Nice combo of Cinema kit/artefacts and it still looking like a lounge. But this hobby has a nasty habit of never staying static....I now have 7.2.4 in my lounge!.....and recently added an Emotiva power amp....gulp....dare I say I'm done! O and then there was the 65" TV replacement with a 106" screen and 4k Short Throw PJ.....

I'll give it a try and re-run Audyssey when I've finished tweaking the room :thumbsup:
It's well well worth paying for the Audessey MultiEQ App...and there are plenty of vids that talk you though how to get the most from it. I'd highly recommend. Look on you tube for channels Home Theater Gamer and Home Theater Gurus....both have good instructional vids...I noticed a difference. I think I went with this one in the end -

It's well well worth paying for the Audessey MultiEQ App...and there are plenty of vids that talk you though how to get the most from it. I'd highly recommend. Look on you tube for channels Home Theater Gamer and Home Theater Gurus....both have good instructional vids...I noticed a difference. I think I went with this one in the end -

Agreed! £20 (one off cost) is a no brainer imo.

The word that springs to mind as I looked at your room pictures was 'Proportion'. Nice combo of Cinema kit/artefacts and it still looking like a lounge. But this hobby has a nasty habit of never staying static....I now have 7.2.4 in my lounge!.....and recently added an Emotiva power amp....gulp....dare I say I'm done! O and then there was the 65" TV replacement with a 106" screen and 4k Short Throw PJ.....
Thank you! That's exactly the look I'm going for. Haha I know exactly what you mean, in fact I've already expanded my gear a bit from my original post that I'll write up on soon. I'm keen to upgrade my display to either a 77" TV or projector, but not sure what to do yet.

I've seen a few things about this app lately, sounds like it might be worth getting hold of. Thanks for the video, I'll take a look!

I'm keen to upgrade my display to either a 77" TV or projector, but not sure what to do yet.
I've done that...and TVs are good, but for me you still can't beat that bigger than 100" screen and a projector. I needed a short throw so went with the Xgimi Horison Pro 4k PJ and a 106" fixed frame screen. Combined cost £1850. PQ is great for the cost and even my wife would never go back to anything smaller now...very immersive. I'll need to get some pics of my room up!

I've done that...and TVs are good, but for me you still can't beat that bigger than 100" screen and a projector. I needed a short throw so went with the Xgimi Horison Pro 4k PJ and a 106" fixed frame screen. Combined cost £1850. PQ is great for the cost and even my wife would never go back to anything smaller now...very immersive. I'll need to get some pics of my room up!
Sounds great! For me I'd have to work out realistically how big a screen I could get away with, factoring in my sitting distance and front speakers layout. Yes would like to see pics of your setup when you've got chance!

Hi any chance of some pics of the Horizon pro & screen combo. I'm considering Horizon Pro & 120" (if it'll fit! 😂😂) vividstorm ALR. I'll also struggle to fit a long throw in my room. Looking at UST too but the Horizon combo is significantly cheaper.

Feel free to PM though - I don't want to derail this thread too much. Apologies in advance @Just Pushing Play 🙂

Hi any chance of some pics of the Horizon pro & screen combo. I'm considering Horizon Pro & 120" (if it'll fit! 😂😂) vividstorm ALR. I'll also struggle to fit a long throw in my room. Looking at UST too but the Horizon combo is significantly cheaper.

Feel free to PM though - I don't want to derail this thread too much. Apologies in advance @Just Pushing Play 🙂
I will do. I got the screen from Richer Sounds (Sapphire 106” fixed frame £399)….I have a local mate who has a 120” screen…its a lot lot bigger than my 106! I’d need to move a radiator to accommodate 120!

I will do. I got the screen from Richer Sounds (Sapphire 106” fixed frame £399)….I have a local mate who has a 120” screen…its a lot lot bigger than my 106! I’d need to move a radiator to accommodate 120!
I've just PM'd you....

Noting through as yet Jester
Check now! Was just editing it! 😂...
I've a lot of questions etc lol

Edit: @Just Pushing Play - I'll update your thread with a summary of the "juicy bits" if you're happy for me to? Or I'll add you to my PM if that's more desirable?

So fingers crossed I'm finally going to lower those surround On Wall speakers to a more appropriate height this weekend. The question is... how far down? I've read different ideas on where they should be positioned... from pretty much level to ear height to a foot or two above. Any ideas on this?

I've also been a bit naughty and bought another pair of C-1s for the rear heights 😂 Should I install those exactly the same width apart as the front height pair I already have? Or bring them narrower to one another so it's more or less over the sofa? Tbh part of me would prefer in ceiling speakers for the rears, but man it would be such a pain to install haha.

Definitely going to have to post a proper update on all these bits I've acquired since my first post soon 😂

So fingers crossed I'm finally going to lower those surround On Wall speakers to a more appropriate height this weekend. The question is... how far down? I've read different ideas on where they should be positioned... from pretty much level to ear height to a foot or two above. Any ideas on this?
If you can, get them so the tweeters are at ear height (when seated).

I've also been a bit naughty and bought another pair of C-1s for the rear heights 😂 Should I install those exactly the same width apart as the front height pair I already have? Or bring them narrower to one another so it's more or less over the sofa? Tbh part of me would prefer in ceiling speakers for the rears, but man it would be such a pain to install haha.
I'd go inline with the front heights, on the back wall. - Configure as Rear Heights in amp assign

You could also mount them directly above your surrounds (on the side wall). In this position - Configure as Surr. Heights

Given their wide dispersion, either position will work imo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom