Small lightweight tripod

barongreenback

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all

Looking for a small lightweight tripod to take away with me on holiday in my hold baggage. Much as I'd love to spend a few hundred quid on a carbon fibre tripod the holiday's costing me enough in the first place. Does any one have any recs in the £50 or so bracket? Ideally coming with its own bag, needs to be able to support a 30D and lens. Doesn't have to be the tallest thing in the world either but not a tabletop/gorillapod.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking for the same thing for a trip trip to Norway next month and have just this morning ordered the Velbon ultra luxi f Tripod that is on special offer at Jessops, which is being discussed on a recent thread on here.

It seems to fit the bill for taking with you in hand luggage, it closes down to
39cm and extends up to 157cm.

(wife done her nut as its the third tripod i have bought in the last couple of years, every time i tell its a must and wont ever need to buy another, women !!, they just dont understand the game:rolleyes: )

I was looking for the same thing for a trip trip to Norway next month and have just this morning ordered the Velbon ultra luxi f Tripod

I use this same tripod when travelling - folds down very compact and it's lightweight. Never going to be as sturdy as a bigger more solid tripod - but for the size and weight I reckon it fits the bill perfectly

Sorry, just noticed you said not a Gorillapod :oops:

btw, whats wrong with a gorillapod, I have just got one, haven't used it much yet though, but it seems stable enough.

Sorry, just noticed you said not a Gorillapod :oops:

btw, whats wrong with a gorillapod, I have just got one, haven't used it much yet though, but it seems stable enough.

Tried one out with my 24-105 and it didn't seem that stable, plus I want something to keep the camera at some height off the group (I'm 6'5" so don't fancy crouching down)

Thanks for all the answers, I've ordered the Velbon and am picking it up in the next hour.

ah I see, btw was it the SLR or SLR-Zoom version?

My only concern is that the friction between the joints will lessen though time.

Ahoy!

7 Day Shop have a shed-load on offer. Take a looksy-lou. I've linked to their own tripod sale, but if you look in the right hand box, you'll see that they also have them from other manufacturers. Just highlight and click SEARCH.

Ahoy!

7 Day Shop have a shed-load on offer. Take a looksy-lou. I've linked to their own tripod sale, but if you look in the right hand box, you'll see that they also have them from other manufacturers. Just highlight and click SEARCH.

Hi, what is your opinion on their own brand £10.99 full size tripod.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=99654

I know very little at the moment and have recently purchased a Panasonic FZ10 from these forums, so I am after something to play around with and learn the basics.

Would this be good enough?

Thanks

Ahoy!

Looks very much like my own that I bought from Cameta Camera in the USA. Cheap, cheerful and functional. Works for me. For the price . . . . . no problem.

BTW, welcome to the Panny owners club.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom