1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by UselessPratt, Jun 15, 2003.

1. UselessPratt

UselessPratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having got my system up and running now, I have a few remaining problems. The main one is the staggering complexity of the setup. There are loads of remotes and it takes a confusing sequence of clicks to do anything. This I am sorting with a macro remote...er...I at least hope, cus if I don't the girl friend will never find out how to change channels. The second problem is I bought the wrong subwoofer....but the third problem is that when I bought my AV amp I didn't realise it was all onscreen menu's. This kinda presents a problem because I don't really want to feed my video through the av amp. loss of quality and all. Besides, I don't really want to have the av amp on all the time, just to watch the news....!! Does anyone know where I can get a small LCD monitor with composite in to use as a menu display? By small, I mean 6" tops.

2. Rusty

Rusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try searching ebay for tft.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    John Lewis have a 'Roadstar' item you might want to look at. I don't know what inputs etc. it has.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try the ones for in car use, or for use with consoles. £99 or less if you shop around. Also try looking in the remote forum for remotes. remotecentral.com is the best source of info!!
    How did you buy the wrong sub???
    Their should be very little loss of quality feeding video through the amp. Or just do as the rest of the world a use one cheapy composite cable to your display (PJ and plasma almost always have a composite input)

5. UselessPratt

UselessPratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi HD,
    I am feeding it into the composite of my Plasma right now, its just a pain to have to go to that input to see what the amps doing. I guess I will survive though...!!
    The sub sounded okay....at first....but the more I listen to it, the more unhappy I am. I like good clean clear bass, and although it's not bad, it's definately the weakest link. I am looking to trade it in and get a more expensive Rel.